Network Engineer needed to provide technical support to the development of the infrastructure systems and services. To define, order, and monitor installation and integration of hardware in the network, including Cisco & Juniper routers, switches, HP servers, power systems, and cables. Engineers’ also plan, design, and deploy networks infrastructure projects.
Your aim is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for your users. Networks can include:
Our Network engineers may work internally as part of our organisation’s IT support team, or externally as part of an outsourced IT networking consultancy firm working with a number of our respected clients.
As a network engineer, you’ll need to:
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current Customers environment.
- maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy of the customers or SLA’s.
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls.
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within Our data-center.
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
Your role will depend to a certain extent on the sector you work in and the size of the customers organisation. For example, in a large investment bank you may have specific responsibility for one area of the system, whereas in a small company you may need to troubleshoot for any IT-related problem that arises.
- Computer science, Electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or relevant Degree form notable university.
- Must be a Cisco CCNP Certified.
- Juniper (JNCP) – will be added value.
- Microsoft (MCSA) or (MCSE)will be added value..
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of your employer’s business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands.
- To recognize the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who aren’t technically trained.
- The skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organisation.
- Organisational skills and the ability to priorities your workload.
If you feel satisfied with this posted job please submit your application or send it to – email@example.com.